Monday, August 4, 2014

Unfashionable Fashion, from the top!

It's been a long time friends. Longer then what I had expected. I wanted to find something that could harness everything I wanted to get across. I wanted something hilariously fashionable, fashion so terrible it was awesome. But every time I tried to sit down and write something witty and maybe even educational about topics most people would never come across. But I couldn't...

 I have finally found why I could not write about my topic... It wasn't meaningful or gave me any purpose to charge forward and make a successful blog. I was running away from that fact that most unfashionable thing in the world, is me!

Now, now, I know you think I am pretty fantastic and the furthest thing from unfashionable. (And thank you for that, I need the boost!) but what I am talking about is my life. Including subjects like career, romance, housing and recreational. I have fallen into the  bottomless sarlacc pit and I am screaming at the top of my lungs whilst being slowly digested for over 1,000 years!

Don't believe me?

On Careers... I am educated in Fashion Design and Marketing, Art History and about 10 years of successful sales experience. Obviously finding a job in Fashion and Art History is really what you make of it, and hugely the people you know. Well, I had a sour disposition and I definitely didn't know how to use the resources in people I knew. I currently work part time for a company I moved to another city for. I have put many man hours into finding a job that will motivate me and give me purpose. Purpose is more important to me then making a huge paycheck. I'm happy if my bills are paid. Anyways, at the start of next month the full timer on medical leave will be returning to work, and I will be without work.Time is ticking.

On Romance... Things did not end well with what I had thought was the love of my life. I moved out, went to Europe for a month and drank. A lot. It did not solve my problems or help me find a purpose. But I met some great people I will never forget, and had such an amazing time. Anyways, according to the Canadian mint, you still round down to 25 at 27 (Canada has phased out the penny, a rounding system has been set in place for businesses) so at least I can still be considered in my mid twenties for another year. But it is a tough age to not be even attached. You get asked all the same questions about if you actually want to get married or not, like being single was a choice we all pick. Ugh. I could go on... But I will save you from this rant only once.

On housing... With just moving to a new city I imposed on my best friend from high school and her fiance. Because well, why not? So I am crashing in the basement for little to no cost as I get back on my feet (Id like to take this chance to say that I do realize I am so very fortunate to have such amazing people taking care of me) the plan was to work for a few months, save some money up to get a place of my own. But now with little to no work, there is barely any money saved. So I will have to keep imposing until I get solid work.

On recreational... I have recently had surgery. Nothing serious, but enough to put me off most physically activity for a few weeks. I just got a bike I love to ride, but it will be a little bit before I can ride again with confidence. So I have taken up painting. I paint some of my favorite fictional characters, and famous painting as my Teddy Bear Ruth. I also attempt to play the ukelele, and watch old television shows. Pft, who am I kidding? I guess I have recreation down to a tee!


So. There you have it. My life in the sarlacc pit. I have become an unclassy lady with a horrible disposition on life. The challenge to myself is to get out of it as soon as possible. Perhaps I can bond with the sarlacc and use my jet pack to escape just as Bobba Fett did. I will use these blogs to record the hilarity that is my life, for your enjoyment. I will do it in the most unfashionable fashion possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment